Semi Formal Low Maintenance Residential Landscaping With Feature Retaining Walls.
Clients located at Wynn Vale wanted a semi-formal, low maintenance landscape design for their backyard, featuring split level retaining walls with steps up to a paved platform, artificial grass with stepping stones extending through to a pebble area, surrounded by retained garden beds with plants to be watered by drip irrigation system.
Details of this residential landscaping project at Wynn Vale:
- Excavation and removal of 20 tonne of moss rocks, plus 40 tonne of soil.
- For the concrete block retaining wall, almond coloured Boral Heathstone® concrete blocks were used with matching bullnose coping.
- An ag-pipe drainage system was installed behind all retaining walls to handle water drainage.
- Boral Promenade® pavers, 300mm x 300mm with a border using 240mm x 120mm Boral Classicpave® were laid.
- Our ‘Burnside’ artificial grass was laid on a compacted quarry rubble/sand base.
- Stepping stones using Quantumstone pavers; 800mm x 400mm, were laid on a mortar base through the artificial grass.
- The Quantumstone pavers were used again as a path through the landscaping pebbles by the rear gate.
- Garden beds were prepared with organic loam and planted out before an organic water saving mulch was added.
- A drip irrigation system was installed for low maintenance watering.
- Garden path lights and spot lights enhance the garden living use at night.
Landscaping Project Tips:
Garden beds along the fence line were planted out with Photinia Robina’s to create a future hedge/screen. The garden beds within the feature retaing wall were planted out with Buxus Coreana. Lomandra and Cordyline ‘Red Stars’ border the stepping stones and pebble area by the gate.
Landscaping equipment hire including bobcat hire Adelaide residents can book will save you time and money on your next DIY landscaping project.
Visual Landscape Gardening has been landscaping Wynn Vale homes with paving, fencing, instant lawn or artificial grass, retaining walls and irrigation systems for over 30 years. If you would like local landscapers to come out to your home and provide a free no-obligation quote on any aspect of landscaping, visit the free landscaping quotes page of our website.