Luxurious Low Maintenance Garden Landscape Design.
The client brief for the back garden was to create an extremely low maintenance entertaining area that would not impact on the cleanliness of the pool in the future, plus create garden areas that would not require constant gardening to keep them looking neat and tidy.
We met the client’s needs by using paving, synthetic turf, raised garden beds, low maintenance plants and pebbles that would not blow around on windy days and enter the pool.
The brief for the front garden was to modernise the garden without taking away the aesthetics of the heritage sandstone façade.
After clipping and shaping the ‘Robinia Mop Tops’ and the hedge that had been there since the original garden was constructed, we matched the edging for the garden with the existing paving. The plant selection was a challenge but we decided that the standard ‘Lilly Pilly’ with electric pink ‘Cordylines’ in between would give the garden the ingredients to ‘pop’ with out going over the top, while maintaining the heritage style of the façade. Our realistic looking ‘Burnside’ 38mm artificial grass brings the frontage up to a modern feel, eliminating maintenance.
Design elements of this luxury makeover:
- Removed aproximately 80 tonne soil,
- ‘Hewnstone’ concrete blocks; charcoal colour, were used for the retaining wall with matching coping to create the raised garden bed,
- ‘Hewnstone’ 250 x 500 pavers were used as the edging for the garden; again in charcoal colour.
- ‘Hewnstone’ 500 x 500 pavers were laid to make the relaxing sunlounge area by the pool,
- ‘Burnside’ 38mm artificial grass was laid on 100mm compacted rubble base.
- Hardwood timber screens were erected as feature privacy screens,
- Feature pedestal and pot was placed at the end of the garden,
- Architectural plantings throughout,
- Up lights and path lights were set throughout garden,
- Fully automated drip irrigation systems for gardens,
- Large river pebbles were placed to garden areas.
With over 25 years experience landscaping Thorngate homes and specialising in low maintenance garden design, Visual Landscape Gardening were able to complete the entire project from design to completion.
Paving Thorngate homes requires a good quarry rubble base that has been well compacted to minimise as much as possible any movement due to the reactive soil and clay.
Visual Landscape Gardening have their own range of synthetic turfs, with the ‘Burnside’ the most popular artificial grass Adelaide residents chose for 2014.
If you would like local landscapers Thorngate home owners trust to come out to your home and provide a free no-obligation quote on any aspect of landscaping, visit the landscaping quotes page of our website.