Landscaping Ideas For Adelaide Courtyard Homes.
Feature walls including a water feature and pond can provide elegance to small courtyards. Landscapers from Visual Landscape Gardening were chosen to complete the landscaping and repair work to a number of garden features including the existing boundary wall, water feature, pond and pond wall, which required salt damp treatment, due to the leaking fiberglass pond liner.
List of work completed:
- Existing fish and plants were removed and placed into a holding tank. The water was completely drained.
- All existing brickwork, coping, tiles, lighting, pump and fiberglass pond liner was removed.
- The pond liner was re-fibre glassed to fix the leak.
- New lighting and pump was installed.
- Salt damp treatment was completed to the wall before re-instating the bricks and adding new coping.
- New water waves for the water feature and Italian tiled panels to the feature walls were installed.
- Areas were rendered and painted to blend in the feature wall.
- Fish, plants and water was added back to the finished pond.
Visual Landscape Gardening are experts in treating salt damp. To stop salt damp, often seen as efflorescence, a damp proof barrier was installed.
One of the best landscaping ideas for Adelaide courtyard homes is to use large format pavers and colours that match the adjoining indoor area. When viewing the courtyard garden water feature from inside through open doors, the whole area opens up appearing as one larger area, inviting the outside in.
This also demonstrates good use of garden features for small spaces, proving you don’t need a large back garden to add interesting focal points and relaxing sounds to create a tranquil area to immerse yourself into.