Feature Vertical Gardens Adelaide Landscapers Install.
Vertical gardens Adelaide home owners install are ideally suited to hot, dry conditions and small spaces. Used as feature walls, vertical gardens are one of the most practical landscaping ideas for small backyards, courtyard homes and townhouse balconies.
Benefits of Vertical Gardens
Instead of looking at a plain fence or wall, plants provide a decorative, sensory solution that is low maintenance and can be customised to the smallest space. The following list summarises some of the benefits of vertical gardens Adelaide residents have discovered make great garden features.
- Instant coverage of a wall or fence, without waiting for plants to grow.
- Suitable for small spaces, even with poor lighting conditions.
- No digging in the ground required.
- Can be installed to any height for easy access.
- Complete sensory customisation.
- Can be installed inside or outside.
Features of Vertical Gardens
Vertical gardens, Adelaide landscapers from Visual Landscape Gardening erect can be customised to suit any space you would like, inside our out. Most vertical gardens are single sided and attached to a wall, but can also be free standing; viewed from both sides, creating a feature wall in their own right. The features of vertical gardens are numerous, with the most popular features listed below.
- Framework can be easily attached to any fence or wall.
- Framework can be extended vertically or horizontally to suit any space.
- Each plant is watered by a concealed irrigation system.
- Individual planter pots can be easily removed at any time.
- Complete control of the type of plants and soil they are planted in.
- Vertical gardens can be installed inside homes or offices or on balconies.
Types of Plants Suited to Vertical Gardens
One of the benefits vertical gardens have over conventional garden beds is each plant can be potted with a soil medium suited to each specific plant and individually fertilised accordingly. Although your vertical garden feature can incorporate different types of plants listed below, it is a good idea to use different examples of one type of plant.
- Plants with colourful foliage.
- Plants that flower at different times of the year.
Vertical Garden Construction
Visual Landscape Gardening have over 15 years experience erecting vertical gardens across Adelaide suburbs and are happy to quote a price on setting up your vertical garden.
- Measure the width and height of the space you would like to place your vertical garden.
Modules start at 680mm wide (containing 3 planter boxes) and can be expanded with an extra 1 planter box adding 236mm, an extra 2 planter boxes adding 460mm, or an extra 3 planter boxes adding 680mm.
- The vertical garden modules are attached to the wall.
- Dripper heads and 13mm or 19mm irrigation hosing is connected. Your vertical garden will need connection to a tap, ideally close by, to water the plants. An automatic timer can be included to make adjustments throughout the year easier.
- Choose the plants you would like to have planted in your vertical garden. Landscapers from Visual Landscape Gardening can assist you with their knowledge of what plants will look good together, and handle the amount of light they will be exposed to.
Vertical gardens Adelaide home owners have installed are chosen primarily because they provide a decorative low maintenance garden feature to living areas, inside as well as outside.
Vertical Garden Tips:
Vertical gardens are one of the most practical low maintenance landscaping ideas Adelaide home owners adopt for small backyards and courtyards. Consider plants that have give off perfumes, such as lavender, to create a relaxing sensory garden that can be enjoyed all year round.