Complete Front Garden Makeover Using Low Maintenance Landscaping Ideas.
The owners of this Salisbury Heights home were looking at a complete front garden makeover to their extensive sloping block that incorporated low maintenance landscaping ideas, raised garden beds and a raised entrance to the house with feature water statue.
Complete garden makeovers of this magnitude require a detailed landscape design that covers stormwater and water runoff consequenses, electrical wiring to the front gates and lighting to the garden bed walls.
The following list details the scope of work undertaken to complete this front garden makeover from scratch:
- 250 tonne of dirt was excavated to set the initial bench levels.
- Trenches were dug for the installation of all underground infrastructure including stormwater and electrical cables to handle power to the lights, intercom and gates before construction commenced.
- Concrete sleeper retaining walls were built on each side of the boundary to accommodate the desired levels to which Good Neighbour Colourbond fencing was attached.
- Hewnstone block walling and coping (sandstone colour was chosen to complement the house facade) was used for the raised garden beds and steps. The walls were waterproofed, ag-drains and surface water drains were also installed. During construction ‘Eyelid lights’ were set in the wall on a sensor, to operate when required.
- A water feature was sourced and installed as a centre piece outside the front door, as part of the feature raised garden bed feature.
- Hewnstone pavers were used for the path paving and paving bands that run through the driveway.
- Timber composite electric swinging gates were fitted to the top of the driveway to secure the driveway to the rear of the residence.
- Hewnstone pillars and walling were used with custom made aluminium tubular fencing and an automatic sliding gate with camera and intercom define the front boundary, as well as for security.
- Exposed seeded aggregate concrete was poured for the driveway which continued all the way to the rear of the residence.
- All walling, paving and concrete was sealed with a quality commercial grade sealer.
- Artificial grass (Burnside) was laid at the bottom of the property and to the council verges for it’s good looks and low maintenance properties.
- Garden beds were cultivated and organic loam and soil conditioner used to create the right medium for planting.
- An automated irrigation system using Netafim subsurface drip irrigation was laid to all garden beds.
- Over 1000 plants were planted to the raised garden beds.
- Spotlights for feature plants and garden path lights were strategically placed to the garden beds.
- A quality organic mulch was used to cover the entire garden.
As you can see from the result, the complete front garden makeover came together to produce a picturesque landscape with a stunning scene from the house.
Front Garden Makeover Notes:
All complete garden makeovers Adelaide home owners undertake at once require that the landscaping company chosen has the experience and skills in many different aspects of landscaping.
Landscapers from Visual Landscape Gardening were chosen primarily due to the fact they could handle the entire project, licensed in every aspect of the work that needed to be completed and with over 30 years experience, had vast experience and a proven track record in installing all elements with the highest level of professionalism.
Always choose members of Master Landscapers South Australia, and make sure the landscapers are licensed to complete ALL the work you are wanting them to complete, it’s your guarantee of quality workmanship at a fair price.