Pool Landscaping With Paving, Glass Pool Fencing & Feature Timber Decking Area.
This pool landscaping project complete with natural stone paving to match the homes colour scheme was secured with frame-less glass pool fencing so as to not block out any of the view.
Since this executive style home was new, we started with a blank canvas, which made it easier to install the surface water drainage system for the pool.
A feature timber decking area was constructed for the residents of Heathfield to come outside and relax while taking in the magnificent view from their rural property.
The pool landscaping project consisted of:
- Excavation for initial bench levels for pool, concrete and decking to ensure drainage levels worked appropriately. Spreading of excess dirt to various parts of the property. Top soil was separated from the clay sub soil for use in garden beds as it was a fertile soil after years of farming.
- Moss rock retaining walls were built adjacent to pool as a cost effective retainer for the embankment.
- Quarry rubble bases were laid and compacted ready for concrete which also consisted of a damp proof membrane around the footing to avoid edge wetting issues.
- An 8m x 4m pool was dug and installed which was squared and aligned to the house to the exact increments of the pavers that were to be used.
- A surface water drainage system was laid around the pool to take surface water away from water exiting the pool as well as rainfall.
- Steel re-enforced concrete paths were laid around the house to keep water away from the footings with control joints laid to reduce the possibility of the concrete cracking.
- Re-enforced concrete was laid around the pool and under the alfresco area ready for wet lay paving and tiling. Bond beams for the glass fencing and coping was incorporated within the pour.
- Urbanstone ‘Sea Salt’ natural stone pavers 600mm x 300mm were wet laid around the pool for coping and extended surround which incorporated expansion and cementitious joints.
- Glass pool fencing and gates were installed around the pool.
- Merbau hardwood timber decking was built to the rear area of the property which was oiled with a quality decking oil.
- 600 x 300mm Timber look Tiles were laid to the alfresco area.
When starting with a ‘blank canvas’, having a detailed landscape design is important.
Landscapers Adelaide Hills residents choose, especially when there are many aspects of the landscaping project, come from Visual Landscape Gardening.
With over 30 years experience landscaping Adelaide gardens, the company is also trusted project managers when the job requires dealing with a number of different businesses, as was the case with this pool landscaping project.
Frameless glass pool fencing was chosen to allow for an unobstructed view the Heathfield property offers and since there are no neighbours within site, privacy was not a concern.
When paving around pools, several considerations need to be taken into account apart from just the colour and size. Preparation is always the key, so the base should be prepared with a fall that takes into account what happens when it rains and be able to withstand soil movement. To keep your pavers looking great for years to come they should be sealed with a quality sealer.
Although low maintenance compared to other alternatives, pavers still need to be maintained. Have a read about how to look after your pavers with an article we wrote on paver maintenance and what to do if you spill food or drinks on them.