Semi Formal Low Maintenance Landscape Design.
This Greenwith client wanted to create a more usable back garden, replacing the slope with a split level. Entry to the Sir Walter Buffalo instant lawn area to be created by incorporating steps either end of the concrete block retaining wall. A garden bed was to be erected with two levels of plants. To make sure both the lawn and garden plants receive the right amount of water, a drip irrigation system was laid under the lawn and a second line was set up for the garden beds before mulching the garden beds with a good quality garden mulch. All paving under the pergola and throughout perimeter paths was to be replaced.
Features of this low maintenance landscape design project in Greenwith:
- A bobcat was brought in to remove the existing moss rocks, cut and fill the sloping block before replacing the moss rocks to retain the earth under the pergola,
- Raised garden beds were created using Boral Heathstone standard size blocks, incorporating steps to allow safe access to each level,
- Under the pergola and for all paths around the home, 100mm quartzite quarry rubble was compacted before paving those areas with Urbanstone Donnybrook pavers,
- A drip irrigation system was installed to the garden beds and a separate line to water the lawn was laid,
- Sir Walter Buffalo instant lawn was chosen to be rolled out due to it’s shade tolerant and drought tolerant properties,
- English Box hedging was planted to create a semi formal screen to the boundary fence,
- Organic mulch was used for the garden beds to give the new plants, including colourful annuals the best start possible.
English Box (Buxus sempervirens) is a slow growing dwarf shrub that grows to a maximum of about 1,500mm high by 500mm wide, after 15 years; about 100mm per year. English Box is a very dense plant that likes to be shaped with excellent shade and frost tolerance properties.
Sir Walter Buffalo is a soft leaf buffalo roll out instant lawn that is suited to high traffic areas even with dogs. Keeping green all year round; including winter, Sir Walter Buffalo thrives in full Sun to partial Sunny areas.
Drip irrigation systems Adelaide people install are ideal for low maintenance gardens, targets the water at the roots and reduce water costs. Two lines were installed due to the different amounts of water each section required, one for the roll out lawn and one for the garden beds, which is a fundamental principle of garden irrigation systems.
Bobcat hire Adelaide homeowners can take advantage of makes light work of lifting moss rocks and back garden earthworks in the hands of experienced landscapers.
Low maintenance landscape design from landscapers ‘Visual Landscape Gardening’ can include many landscaping components, that can be completed as one entire project at the same time, or separately to meet cash flow budgets.