Low Maintenance Front Garden Makeover.
The client was after a complete front garden makeover that would be very low maintenance, replacing the drought stricken lawn on their sloping block, affected by the water restrictions of previous years.
Features of this Low Maintenance Garden Makeover:
- Around 30 tonne of soil was excavated & removed,
- Designer concrete blocks were used in the retaining walls,
- Feature steps were incorporated, leading to the front door,
- Large format, rectangular stepping stones, laid on a concrete base reduce wear on lawn,
- Artificial lawn was laid where the old natural turf used to exist,
- Garden bed was constructed around council verge tree,
- Large & small river pebble replace old bark chips.
Artificial lawn is the solution to a maintenance free lawn.
Laid correctly it will last for many years and doesn’t require watering, weeding or mowing; just some of the advantages of laying artificial lawns. Installing concrete pavers means less foot traffic on the lawn, as well as providing a feature path.
River pebbles are a good alternative to bark chip; which often gets blown around in the wind and turns a grey colour quite quickly. Planting slow growing conifers in garden beds with pebbles is a good idea too as some plants will suffer as the ground temperature heats up during Summer as a result of using stones. Any weeds that do come through can be easily pulled or sprayed.
Retaining walls made from concrete blocks come in a range of colours that will match whatever colour scheme you desire and also come with matching bullnose ‘coping’ pavers to provide a clean finish.
Visual Landscape Gardening are the local licensed landscapers Greenwith residents trust with paving, fencing, instant lawn or artificial grass, retaining walls and irrigation systems for over 25 years. If you would like experienced local landscapers to come out to your home and provide a free no-obligation quote on any aspect of landscaping, visit the free landscaping quotes page of our website.