Ultra Low Maintenance Landscaping Panorama.
This Panorama front garden required a complete makeover. The client was after something very low maintenance, incorporating moss rocks, paving, a drip irrigation system and drought tolerant plants that would look great all year round.
Features of this front garden landscape design in Panorama:
- 90 tonne of soil was excavated and removed,
- 15 tonne of moss rocks were hand picked and placed using a bobcat to expertly locate them into position,
- Due to the reactive soil Panorama has, 150mm of compacted quartzite quarry rubble was used instead of the normal 100mm,
- Paving was laid using 240mm x 120mm x 50mm Boral Classic pavers in charcoal colour with an almond border to accentuate the garden plants,
- A drip irrigation system was installed to the garden bed areas, making watering efficient and cost effective,
- A wide range of drought tolerant plants were planted into a good quality organic mulch.
Visual Landscape Gardening were the landscapers chosen to complete the landscaping project because of their extensive experience with low maintenance garden design.
Paving Adelaide gardens to withstand the change in seasons requires not only local knowledge but also experience with different soils to know what base preparation is required.
Moss rock retaining walls are well suited to low maintenance garden design across Adelaide because they harmonise well with the natural surroundings and are dateless.
Drip irrigation systems pay for themselves by saving water; avoiding surface evaporation and water waste due to run off from sprinklers.