Retaining Walls built for installation of pool then paved.
The rear of the property had an unusable sloping back garden, but the owners wished to install a swimming pool. Concrete reinforced sleepers were used as the retaining walls; which are hidden, were built before additional fill was brought in to create a level usable area for the pool area; which was then to be paved.
Features of this retaining wall & paving project at Gulfview Heights:
- Concrete sleepers were used as the retaining walls along the fence to create a level area for the pool,
- a reinforced bond beam was poured around the pool for the pool coping to be laid,
- control fill around the pool was compacted to achieve 98% compaction,
- quartzite quarry rubble base was laid and again compacted for the pavers to be laid on,
- large format limestone pavers were laid around the pool area by our paving contractors,
- a tubular pool fence and gate was erected to the pool area by our fencing contractors,
- synthetic grass was laid to the surrounding entrance area,
- driveway was excavated and compacted before being paved with a concrete modular paver,
- concrete sleeper retaining walls were used to retain earth along the side of the property.
Gulfview Heights is well known for its sloping blocks, so retaining walls are often used to create level outdoor living areas. Concrete reinforced sleepers come in different colours and patterns, are very strong and don’t require maintenance.
Concrete pavers laid in a herringbone pattern are ideal for paving driveways because they will take the weight of car’ wheels turning on them.
For the ultimate in low maintenance lawn choose synthetic grass.
If you would like local licensed landscapers Gulfview Heights home owners trust to come out to your home and provide a free no-obligation quote on any aspect of landscaping, including paving, fencing, instant lawn or artificial grass, retaining walls and irrigation systems, visit the free landscaping quotes page of our website.