Retaining Walls with Feature Steps.
The brief for this backyard garden landscape design was to remove the existing ‘keystone’ retaining wall with slate steps and replace it with a multi level concrete block retaining wall featuring curved steps and lit with ‘eyelid’ lights. The garden beds were to include a manual drip irrigation system installed before planting with low maintenance plants and palms, laying stepping stones on concrete pads, then finished off with biomatt organic mulch.
Features of this landscape design:
- Existing ‘Keystone’ retaining wall was manually removed.
- Erected new concrete block retaining wall using Boral ‘Heathstone’ concrete blocks filled with concrete were laid,
- Curved ‘feature’ steps were built in to the retaining wall, lit with ‘eyelid’ lights,
- Matching almond colour bullnose capping stones finished off the top row along the wall,
- ‘Quantum Stone’ 750mm x 400mm stepping stones were laid on a concrete pad across the top of the garden,
- Garden beds behind retaining walls were prepared with organic loam, replacing the existing clay and rubble mix,
- A drip irrigation system was installed to water the plants, connected to the garden tap,
- Psalms and assorted plants were planted in the garden beds,
- Biomatt organic mulch was laid to provide nutrients to the plants,
One of the most popular retaining walls Adelaide residents choose is built using concrete blocks. Concrete blocks come in many colours and ‘faces’ to match any garden theme.
Landscaping company ‘Visual Landscape Gardening’ employ landscapers Golden Grove residents have trusted for over 25 years, licensed to erect retaining walls, so you can rest easy knowing the job will be done properly the first time.
Read more about installing garden irrigation systems to ensure water gets where it’s needed without waste.