No Maintenance Landscape Design.
This low maintenance landscaping project for Trott Park residents was designed to be the ultimate in low maintenance landscaping and living.
Simple but effective, artificial grass never needs watering, mowing, weeding or fertilising; looking great all year round. A concrete block retaining wall keeps all the mulch from blowing onto the artificial turf, so there is nothing left to do but sit back and relax.
Features of this Ultimate Low Maintenance Design:
- 12 tonne of earth was excavated and removed,
- Quarry rubble base of quartzite was compacted to a depth of 100mm,
- Boral Heathstone Grande concrete blocks were used for the mini garden bed retaining walls, with matching charcoal bullnose coping,
- Our ‘Burnside’ artificial grass; the most popular synthetic turf Adelaide residents choose was laid and cut,
- Organic mulch was used for the garden beds because of it’s water saving and ‘matting’ properties.
The article advantages and disadvantages of artificial grass discusses the pros and cons of having synthetic turf laid for residential gardens.
While there are disadvantages when compared to instant lawn, most Adelaide homeowners agree the long term savings and lack of maintenance benefits associated with artificial grass out way choosing roll out lawn as the alternative.