Complete Garden Landscaping Makeover.
The brief for this landscaping project of an Adelaide northern suburb home located at Golden Grove, involved a complete make over of all garden areas, irrigation, paving of paths and driveway, including steps to bring the outdoor areas back to a standard that compliments the beautiful home.
There was an issue with the steps, both at the front and rear not conforming to the Australian Building Code due to the ‘riser height’ being too high. This is problematic on a number of levels including making the public liability insurance void due to a non-conforming step tread height.
The following is a list of tasks completed:
- Removal of unwanted trees, plants, excavation of worn lawn and garden beds.
- Removal of all existing paving, garden edging and steps.
- New base preparation and compaction of quarry rubble for a solid base to lay the new pavers.
- Supply and installation of Best 40mm 400 x 400 honed pavers in ‘Slate’ colour to rear courtyard areas and side pathways.
- Supply and installation of Best 60mm 400 x 400 honed pavers in ‘Slate’ colour to driveway.
- White ant perimeter spray.
- Supply and installation of new steps with Best, honed bullnose coping in ‘Slate’ colour to match paving and make compliant with the Australian Building Code.
- Supply and installation of Best honed edging pavers, to border natural instant lawn turf to match paved areas.
- Supply and installation of a completely new fully automatic irrigation system with sprinklers to lawn area and drip irrigation to garden beds.
- Base preparation for the new instant roll out turf included laying and compacting 100mm of quality sandy loam, before laying Santa Anna instant turf. After the lawn was laid, it was top dressed and fertilised.
- Rejuvenation of garden beds was completed by digging in Gypsum and Organic loam.
- Various new plants were planted throughout the garden beds consisting of Acacia Cognate, Cordyline’s, Dianella’s and Lomandra.
- All garden beds were treated with a quality organic mulch.
- River pebbles were supplied and spread out to cover the backyard garden beds.
- Finally all pavers were sealed with a commercial grade mineral based non-slip, wet look sealer, to bring out the colour of the pavers.
The final result was a cleaner, modern and safer front garden.
One of the advantages of using Adelaide landscapers, Visual Landscape Gardening, is the range of professional landscaping services. All landscapers are fully licensed to carry out all aspects of landscaping in accordance with the Building code of Australia.
Note: We recommend that all pavers are sealed immediately after being laid to protect them from dirt, oil and algae growth, with the aesthetic benefit of bringing out the pavers natural colour and texture.
Note too, the pavers that were replaced were not sealed and had become soiled beyond cleaning after years of being exposed to the weather.