Low Maintenance Front & Back Garden Makeovers Adelaide.
Updating front yards and back gardens is popular, with the number of Adelaide residents hiring landscapers from Visual Landscape Gardening to complete doubling, in the past 2 years alone.
Creating a more relaxed lifestyle at home is by far the top reason for requesting back garden makeovers, with looking to create a low maintenance garden the most popular reason for landscaping the front yard.
Residential landscapers from Adelaide landscaping company ‘Visual Landscape Gardening’ are licensed to offer a one stop shop approach to any landscape design or garden makeovers Adelaide residents have in mind and with over 30 years experience, can offer a range of alternatives to cater for tighter budgets too.
Popular Front Garden Makeover Elements Adelaide Residents Use
Using low maintenance garden design elements not only helps to reduce the time needed to keep a garden looking great all year round, a significant amount of money can be saved too.
Some of the more popular landscaping ideas Adelaide home owners integrate are listed here:
- Incorporating sub surface drip irrigation lines puts the right amount of water to the roots, where it’s needed without waste.
- Utilising river pebbles instead of bark chip as a top dressing will last a lifetime instead of a year before the bark’s colour fades or composts down.
- Installing artificial grass instead of natural turf dramatically cuts down maintenance and money on your water bill.
It’s important to note that low maintenance does not mean plain. There’s an abundance of water wise plants and trees that are well suited to Adelaide’s hot Summer conditions that will suit any theme you’d like to have.
Popular Back Garden Makeover Elements Adelaide Home Owners Use
When looking at a complete back garden makeover Adelaide residents want a place they can both relax and entertain outdoors.
The top 5 landscape design elements that are most requested are listed below:
- Paved outdoor entertainment areas, ‘Alfresco style’ or with a free standing verandah that can be used all year round allow for both relaxing and entertaining. Wall mounted televisions, outdoor lounge furniture and table settings are added to complete the scene.
- Levelling out sloping blocks to create more usable space with concrete blocks or concrete sleepers is often requested.
- Water features such as a waterfall entering a garden fish pond or statue with water flowing into a pond creates a tranquil environment.
- Replacing natural lawn with artificial grass is extremely popular, with many benefits.
- Raised garden beds that utilise automatic irrigation systems to add a splash of colour and foliage is frequently asked for.
Paving and landscaping goes hand in hand, as the image above illustrates. Low maintenance plants and pavers used as stepping stones harmonise with the pebbles and sensory raised garden bed.
Privacy is something that Adelaide home owners seem to crave as well. The erection of privacy screens to block out a neighbours view of outdoor spa or BBQ areas is on the increase. With many smaller blocks being sold these days, the interest in vertical gardens as a feature is very high and serve as a way of adding colour and smell to the smallest of spaces, even if you just have a balcony out the back.
Garden Makeover Tips:
Landscapers Adelaide residents hire for any residential landscaping project should be licensed to complete all the work you require.
Visual Landscape Gardening are fully licensed to complete every aspect of landscaping with owner and building supervisor Alby Rogers involved from quote stage to completion.
Garden makeovers Adelaide residents look at undertaking are not limited to improving their lifestyle. Some people moving into a new home are in need of landscaping services, and then there are people looking at selling their home who are after improving their homes value for a higher priced sale.
When landscaping Adelaide gardens, even on tight budgets, using cheaper materials, a cheaper paver, artificial grass and concrete block can be selected to give a similar result, and to fit in with your financial constraints, projects can also be completed in stages instead of everything completed at once.