New Home Low Maintenance Landscaping.
Landscapers from Visual Landscape Gardening were selected amongst many to complete the entire landscape design of this new home in Golden Grove because of our local knowledge, experienced, licensed landscapers and ability to handle the whole project. Importantly for the client, the work had to be completed within a fixed budget; which we were proud to have met.
Features of the Landscaping to this new home at Golden Grove:
- 120 tonne of earth was excavated and removed,
- 450mm diameter holes were dug for the ‘rsj’s’, filled with structural concrete, on the boundary so that Kensington concrete sleepers 2000mm long by 200mm high and 80mm wide could be slotted into place to create the concrete sleeper retaining walls for the boundary fence.
- Good Neighbour fencing was erected on top of the retaining wall with 50mm x 50mm powder coated fence posts welded to the steel rsj’s for extra strength and stability,
- Storm water drainage to engineers specifications; inclusive of surface water drains and strip drain to driveway was plumbed to the easement using flexible connections to cater for the highly reactive clay soil found throughout Golden Grove,
- Boral’s Heathstone concrete retaining wall blocks and almond coloured bullnose copping were used to create the steps to the front and rear of the home,
- Boral pavers; 240mm x 120mm x 50mm charcoal were used for the driveway paving, with contrasting almond coloured border,
- Larger 240mm x 240mm pavers were laid to the boundary around the sides of the home,
- Our ‘Burnside’ artificial grass was laid to the back garden,
- Brick edging was cemented in between the artificial grass and the garden beds to avoid a mess on windy days.
Landscape Design Notes:
Preparation was important for all aspects of this landscape design.
Landscaping Golden Grove gardens takes experience and understanding of the local soil conditions to produce a result that will last many years.
All paving was laid on a 100mm compacted quartzite quarry rubble base to avoid movement during the change of seasons.
Mulching and planting was not undertaken by Visual Landscape Gardening.